In designing my new workshop (aka Bike Room) for the 'Taj', I decided that if the design is to succeed, then the bike room MUST LOOK LIKE THIS http://www.cyclingtipsblog.com/2009/07/the-ultimate-bike-room/

So, with that thought in mind, I sent the link to the MOF to which her reply was...

"oh it will be much better than that :-) - but I don't think there will be four bikes in there though :-( Well it will if you include mine and the girls but I'm sure that's not what you had in mind???"

A little background; as it currently stands, my study is my bike room which holds a TT bike, a road bike, a road frame, 4 sets of wheels, wife's bike, Zara's bike, Mia's bike, Sienna's tricycle, Mia's balance bike, Zara's razor scooter and 2 additional 3 wheeled scooters. OUT OF CONTROL! Plus a raft of other parts including but not limited to a mag trainer and a set of rollers. So you can see the need for a purpose build bike room.

It was time to remind the MOF that I am no longer a triathlete but a roadie so my requirements have changed somewhat. I compiled a list and forwarded it on.

Didn't you know.

1. A triathlete accepts a TT bike, period. Tick - my Cervelo P3C.
2. A roadie needs a training bike, aka my current Pina FP2. Tick
3. A roadie needs his bling bling RACING bike, aka my new Pina Dogma. :0
4. A roadie needs his training wheels. Tick
5. A roadie needs his light weight racing wheels for hilly terrain.
6. A roadie needs his light weight aero wheels for crits and flattish road races.
7. A roadie needs his Aero disc and deep dish front for the odd TT - tick! Disc and 808 already in current stable.
8. Then a spare set of each of the above wheel set in case of flats in the club championships, no time to change a flat.

I wasn't sure of the response that this would illicit but here it is:

9. A roadie needs to get a grip on reality and remember he has a wife and 3.5 kiddies
10. A roadie needs to be allowed to dream when he is overwhelmed by no 9
he he he

Mmm, picture a big red "DECLINED" stamp that has been placed on your purchase order from the Dept. of Finance.

A case of subterfuge is now required on my part to procure 3, 5, 6 and 8.