About 3 weeks ago a rare anomaly took place, hell froze over.  Unfortunately for me, I promised 8 months earlier that when this unlikely event occurred, I would remove the P3C out of its cryogenic resting place and show it some loving it's been missing.


And with that, I've now been out on the beast for 5 rides in the past 3 weeks and I must say, I've enjoyed every minute of it, apart from the gooch which is not at all happy as I type after spending 300kms riding on the pointy end of the saddle between yesterday and today.


It is certainly taking some getting used to again as the riding style compared to the Pina is rather different.  My TT legs are slowly coming back but I definitely notice the difference with regards to the leg muscles that fire and the first point of fatigue between the 2 different setups.  I tend to find my VMO's take a battering in the TT position but on the roadie, my glutes and hamstrings feel the pain more.


There is one thing that is a given with the P3C and it is that feeling of free speed.  When the wind starts blowing or the course is flat, the effort required to propel the machine at 40kph+ seems much easier compared to the Pina.  It is a very different story when gravity takes hold and the parcours becomes gripy.  That's when the road bike comes into its own and is the preferred weapon of choice.


My current plan is to train on the roadie midweek and pull out the TT for some free speed on the weekends.  I'm enjoying both and it is a good mix.