Okay, so I've hijacked that from Gaffer from this mornings ride which befitted some hatecra clad cyclist riding a wicked Bianchi, I guess we were just jealous of the bling he was riding.


That is not the reason for this post, the reason for this post is my current dilemma.  Which roadie to purchase?  I have held back because I just can't make my mind up.  

What is it to be?  The Orbea Onix Vento?  The Giant TCR Advanced 2?  The Pinarello FP2?  I have narrowed down the choices to these 3 bikes, unfortunately, the Cervelo road bikes don't make the short list because I just do not want to throw so many bank roles in their general direction, just far too expensive for a fun bike.

So, with my budget encroaching $3200 give or take 10-12.5%, I want to finalise the purchase this week.  I was very very close to making the purchase last week, I'd spent 2 lunch times engrossed in the Giant, fondueing the bike over and over again to get a feel for it (unable to take out on the road).  A great bike, aesthetically very appealing and reviews rate the ride characteristics highly.

I've ridden the Orbea for 2.5 weeks now (thx Damo) and it is stiff, responsive and feels light to ride even though it tips the scales at 8.5kg which is not a feather weight.  The ride itself is sublime, I rode Yarra Blvd at Kew 3 times last week and attacked the hairpin at full gas on several occasions and was amazed at how well it hugged the inside of the corner with little to no effort.  I felt so relaxed and confident throwing the bike in and out of corners, the front end just goes where you point it, no qualms.  In saying all of that, what it does lack compared to the Giant TCR Advanced 2 is aesthetics.  The Giant wins out in this regard.  Don't get me wrong, the bike still looks the goods, just not as good as the Giant.

To the Pinarello Fp2 - not initially on the radar but I have found the bike for $3299 and it has aesthetics on its side, is Italian made, all reports rate this bike extremely high in terms of handling, cornering and race characteristics.  It is not full carbon like the other 2 models but has an aluminium 6061 frame with Onda carbon rear triangle and the wicked Onda carbon forks that grace most Pinarellos.   http://www.pinarello.com/eng/fp2_red.php
It really is a thing of beauty.

So, decisions to make, I hope to have made the decision be next weekend and have the new rig in my hands.

Any feedback welcome, thoughts on any of these bikes...

Cheers,

Komo