Which one wins?  Each has a place in its own right, whilst I have been riding a TT rig for many years now (since 2004 it has been my only bike of choice that I go out on), the world of the roadie has been calling me for sometime.  I absolutely love road riding and can't get enough of the ProTour events.  Ever since I decided to give the Ironman racing a rest, I have been longing to get a road setup again and the time is now perfect for the purchase to go ahead.

The big question was, which road setup was going to compliment the Cervelo P3C?Well it happens to be an Orbea Vento 2009.  It just so happens that Damo has this exact bike and is away for 10 days and has kindly lent me his steade for 2 weeks.  


I dialled in the setup on Saturday arvo and took it out for its first hitout with the lads on Sunday, yes, it did feel rather strange for the 1st 5mins and then it was just a joy to ride.  I forgot how much fun riding a roadie as opposed to a TT setup could be, it has been some time since the 2001 OCR1 has seen the light of day, perhaps 5yrs at a guess.  The only other roadie I have ridden during that time is the Cervelo S3  at Kona with SRAM Red and Zipp 606 wheelset, P0RN.  

Today I went out on the North Rd ride with Jimi Mona's and it was full gas for most of the ride, I had an absolute blast on bike, sure, the 50/34 chainring setup caused me some grief at times as the pace was hot and I had to bridge gaps on several occasions.  Think my cadence was around 130+ at times.  All that said, it was just so responsive and stiff, the perfect bike to be riding in such circumstances.  I really want to get this thing out in the hills to feel the difference.

So, a road bike setup is definitely making its way back into my arsenal of toys, sure, I'd love to have a Cervelo S3 sitting beside the P3C, just look at it, but not at this point in time.  For what its worth, the Orbea is an awesome ride and one I would be more than happy to have sit beside the P3C.

I'd love to hammer the North Rd rides for the rest of the week but I have the Australian Triathlon Long Course Championship up at Jervis Bay on Sunday so I need to save the legs for that, it's a 2km / 83km / 20km. (Heading up with X Man, Princess and Gaffer on Friday afternoon).

As for next week, no need to save those legs so the Orbea will be out in full force Tue-Fri.

Adios,

Komo