The cold beers that greeted us in the ETPA tent courtesy of Big Boy hit the spot very very nicely indeed and capped of a great day.  That coupled with the massage by Justin from PhysioHealth also in the ETPA tent has me feeling rather good right now.


I was happy with my outing today, a 4:35, 6min PB on this course is a good result, considering my relaxed approach.  I had a swim PB (sub 29min) which previously eclipsed my Shepp 29min+ swim.

On the bike I just felt comfortable all day despite the strong wind, hail and heavy rain at times.  My 3 laps were all 47min +- 10secs which was absolutely awesome, very consistent riding which was my strategy, to ride solid over the entire 90km with a constant pace.  It helped.

I absolutely nailed T2 and was in and out in about 1min, quick for me.

The run, well, it is a rather tough run course and I basically hung on for dear life, my HR was hitting 170s which is E4 territory for me so it shows how much speed I lack but did run sub 1:40 and at the days end, was extremely happy given I was out there having fun.

A more detailed report to follow.   

What's next?  I am considering heading over to Jervis Bay with X Man in two weeks to compete in the Australian Long Course Championships with a view to qualifying for the Worlds in WA.  Not 100% decided yet.

Komo