WAR is imminent and the zone is Shepparton! D-Day happens to be this Sunday, at 7:00am when the Shepparton Half Ironman gets underway.

It has been a solid build up over the past 6-8 weeks and I am happy with my progress. The body took its time warming to the rigors of intense training, but Coach Maty www.etpa.com.au has put me into a big hole of HURT, especially over the past 4 weeks and I am happy to say that I've managed to claw my way out of the hole and I can see light at the end of the tunnel. It's been intense but a journey to remember.

The swimming and running have progressed well and I've had some good improvement on both fronts. The bike has come along in leaps and bounds in the past 3-4 weeks and I plan on riding in the RED and in the words of Princess, "Going to war on the bike!" I am going to put myself in the biggest world of hurt and have a big crack on old skool! It's the engine that counts ;)

The run, it will be a case of hang of for dear life and see what transpires. This race is just a stepping stone for me on my way to IMOZ 2008 and then Kona 2008 ;) as it is that golden slot that I am driven towards. It is all about Kona for me so I plan to experiment at Shepp.

What comes out in the wash, only time will tell! But, I'm laying the "jats crackers" on the line and plan on hurting like I've never hurt before!

I'll keep a few mantras up my sleeve, but here are one or two:

IF IT'S HURTING ME, IT'S KILLING THEM!
I KNOW HOW TO HURT
Off to war I go!

Komo

P.S. Good luck to all the ETPA crew heading up to Shepp for the race too. We are going to look like an awesome unit in the new ETPA race kit! SMASH SMASH SMASH ggggrrrrr