In the words of Willie Nelson, On The Road Again, just can't wait to get on the road again.
A respite in the Tour awarded me the opportunity to hit the road mid week again. I think I needed the rest as much as those hard men of cycling who are burying themselves around France for 3 weeks.
As a die hard spectator that considers every minute essential viewing, my midweek road rides have taken a serious backward step and the rollers have been my midweek substitute in the 1st week of the Tour. But the rest day last night changed things temporarily and I managed to hit the sack well before midnight therefore allowing an early sub 5am rise and a nice 2h+ road ride before work. Sure it was cold and wet (the roads were damp from last nights rain) and the traffic a little crazy close to 7am, BUT, I was on the road again.
A great feeling - that cool crisp air sure beats the still and static nature of the MT or roller set. Stage 10 kicks off again tonight (without the race radios which should add an extra dimension to the racing) so it will be the rollers once more until Saturday and Sunday when I get out on the road again.
Here's hoping that the other teams conspire and try and add some spark to the 2nd week and derail the Astana train, as Cadel Evans said, "It would be logical if some teams would want to try to cooperate. If not, let's just give Astana the podium flowers now."
It is certainly shaping up that way.
Over and outski,
Komo