A group of us headed out on the Kinglake ride again this Saturday, the 2nd time I've done the loop in two weeks. I have only ever done this ride on the Cervelo TT bike in the past and the last 2 weeks on the Pina have been fantastic. Much better climbing on the road setup as opposed to the TT setup.

Anyway, I have been on a mission over the past 3 weeks to lose weight, I started at 81.4kg and am currently sitting around 78.5kg. For every extra kg I shed adds speed to my climbing and I am slowly starting to climb well for the first time, well, probably ever! I'm finding I have the ability to bury myself on a climb and hang on a damned while longer compared to seasons past.

Given this ride is a regular Saturday morning occurrence for the group I ride with, I plan on using it as a good gauge on my climbing, and more importantly, my weight loss and what impact it has to my climbing prowess or lack thereof.

So, as I type this, it's 1:30 since my ride this morning and I've avoided eating, just had two coffees and a mini can of coke. Burn the fat! I am aiming for 75kg, I will be shredded at that weight but it's a good thing. I should find the climbing considerably faster for the same effort (not easy) as I will ride the climbs at the same intensity but in the overall scheme of w/kg ratio, as the kg declines and the watts stay the same, that magic number increases as does the speed on the climbs.

The weight loss is easier than what it has been in the past, I guess it's my mental state and the fact I am sharing the campaign with 2 other madmen and most importantly, we are accountable on a daily basis as we record the numbers in a shared online spreadsheet.

So for now, I'll keep melting away the fat and hope to soar like an eagle in the coming months.

Over and out.

Komo