Since IM WA, I am no longer directly coached by Mat anymore and decided to change things up a fraction and fly be the seat of my pants for while.  Is saying that, I have been doing some big KMs on the bike over the past 6 weeks, if anyone knows me, that is clearly where my passion lies.


Julian (my best buddy) was back from the UK around XMAS and it was AWESOME getting out on the road again together; fyi - we started this IM campaign together back in 2004.  Yep, that long ago.

So now my program is very fluid in nature, I'm happy to chop and change sessions around to fit in with commitments and other folks training.  For me, it's now time to get the fun and enjoyment back and if that means I ride 7 days a week and become roadie, then so be it.  Hence the polymorphic training.

It is time for me to trial several different strategies over the next 6 months two of which are strength training in the gym and core work.  I firmly believe that my training will greatly benefit from this.   I guess I will either sink or swim.

So it is time see what comes of this new plan or lack thereof.

Over and out

Komo