It is now official, I have entered the world of the roadie. On Tuesday I officially became a full member of the Footscray Cycling Club http://www.footscraycc.com.au/ and entered the realm of road cycling and all that it encompasses.

So, nothing like diving straight into the deep end, but Xav http://xaviercoppock.blogspot.com coerced me into competing in the teams event at Calder Park this Saturday afternoon at 3pm. We are both part of a 6 man team from FCC racing in the teams Kermesse event which consists of 1hr and 2 laps around the Calder Park track (approx. 2.28km) per lap. It should be a blast and something that I will be very nervous about as this is "open", not graded, so we both expect the pace to be RED HOT. Unsure of team tactics at this stage but our tactis should come to hand more over the next few days. It will be one interesting afternoon of racing indeed, one I am so excited about but will be entering with a great deal of trepidation. That said, I'll be racing in the FCC jersey too so will do it proud and bury myself in the process and do whatever it takes for the team. Hopefully I'll be on song and have the legs of the past few weeks.

No Hinksy, sorry mate but you won't be able to watch the highlights to this event on SBS :) but, I will update this blog in due course with the full blow by blow account of the race.

I'll also be fronting up on Sunday to the graded Crit racing again at Drake Blvd for a slightly less hectic race.

Just waiting for tonight's stage 17 of the Giro d'Italia to start so I glue myself to the live feed.

Outski,

Komo