I forgot I had this blog thing so felt it was time I started using and abusing it again.
 
Well it has been 6 weeks since Ironman Australia and I consider myself physically and mentally refreshed.
 
I've been ticking away with the training over the past 4 weeks, it has primarily consisted of 5 runs per week with a longer 3hr ride on the weekend with the Sunday off.  The sessions have primarily been of the "latte" variety, not too intense at all and I've enjoyed it too, not being tied to a program, doing my own thing, training when I want, sleeping in (very very rare).
 
But, there comes a time when enough is enough, I guess cracking after 3hrs for 2 consecutive weeks on the bike was the answer I was looking for.  It's time to start back on the program.  So, last week I asked Coach Mat for the program to kick off the 08/09 season and it started up on Monday.  I'm happy that I've managed to keep the off season lid at bay too, only 1.5kg heavier than the race weight from April.  This is GOOD!  I'm sitting right on 80kg at the moment, far better than the 83/84kg that I have been in seasons gone by.
 
So the campaign now starts, my main 2 races that I am aiming for this season are IM WA 08 as my 'b' race into IM NZ 09 as my 'a' race.  Can't wait to get the fitness back to where it was.
 
I've a 4hr ride on Saturday with Jimi M and Gordon, and the test next Sunday, several of us are heading out for a 5hr smashfest in the hills of Trentham, Woodend, Mt Macedon and Gisborne.  Tough times ahead!